Weekend Away

I had mentioned a few days ago that I was going to be gaining a new sister this weekend, and I did! My family and I left Friday around noon to head down to Branson, MO, where the wedding would be taking place. Of course, I think we did leave our house around 10, but I thought I needed Rosalie a flower girl basket and rose petals, I knew I needed a dress or shirt to wear, and I needed to get the boys their Usher clothes that they had to wear. 

It wouldn’t be normal for me to be leaving town for an overnight stay somewhere and not be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. That’s just how things go with me. In the end, I got everything I needed except Michael some black shoes, because they didn’t have his size, so we ended up getting those when we were in Branson.

The rehearsal was Friday night at 5 and I think that lasted an hour and a half or so. My brother and his wife got the flower girl and ring bearer build a bear bears that they dressed as a bride and groom (so cute!) to carry down the aisle because they tied their vows around the bears necks, and we decided it was too much on Rosalie to carry the bear and throw down the petals, so they didn’t do that! I think I’ll be taking those back to Michael’s because we just don’t really need them for anything else!

We stayed at a Baymont Inn and it was really nice. I didn’t know there would be a swimming pool, so of course, I didn’t take the kids’ swimming suits, but that’s okay because we left rehearsal and went to Cracker Barrel to eat. It was delicious! I got their meatloaf, with pinto beans, fried okra and steamed broccoli as sides. I think for the 5 of us we only paid $39 to eat. It wasn’t too bad, and I was kind of shocked at how inexpensive it is to eat there! Maybe they think if people don’t have to pay as much to eat that they’ll buy more in their little country store!

Once we got done with eating, we went down to The Branson Landing.  My Grammie had wanted to take the kids down there so they could see the fountains lit up, and it was really pretty. I hadn’t ever been down there, and it’s not quite what I was expecting. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it was really nice! Hubby and I gave the kids coins to throw into the fountain puddle. Connor had decided to go back to the motel with my parents, because when Mawmaw and Papa are around, you can expect Connor is with them, which is fine because they don’t see each other quite enough. So we just had Michael and Rosalie, then since my Grammie wanted to come, we also had my nephews, Tobias and Chandler.

Once we did that we left. Well, we had planned on leaving, but on our way in we saw a horse-drawn carriage that did rides through the landing, and Hubby wanted to do that. It was $35 for a 20-minute ride, but it was nice brisk and cool and it was pretty neat. I hadn’t ever done that before. Rosalie and Michael enjoyed it, as did Hubby and I. It was just the 4 of us, the others went back to the motel in Grammie’s car. The motel we stayed at was at the other end of the Branson Strip, which was pretty cool. There are so many neat places to go in Branson, Hubby and I have decided that one of these days we are going to have about $3000 or so and take the kids to stay in Branson for a week. Of course, he wants to stay at a motel ON the landing, and I think one of the only ones I saw was a Hilton, but to have that view would be pretty awesome!

The wedding was Saturday and I didn’t wake up near early enough. I had my alarm set to 6:00 but of course, I turned it off then went back to sleep. I think it ended up being 7:30 when I woke up, which should have been earlier because I had to take the kids down to the breakfast room to get breakfast, do Rosalie’s hair, my hair and makeup, still had to go get Michael shoes. So yeah, again, running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But we made it to the Chapel of College of the Ozarks at around 11:30, just 30 minutes before the wedding started. I took Rosalie in the bathroom and got her dress on her then snapped this picture of her and her brothers.


The wedding colors were Burgundy and Champagne and it was gorgeous! I shed a tear or two, but I didn’t full out cry and I was proud of myself! They wrote their own vows, and like I said before, Rosalie and Tobias carried those with them on their Build a Bears, which I thought was a pretty neat idea!

After the ceremony, we went up to the Keeter Center where the reception was going to take place. I am pretty sure the Keeter is where Dylan and Alexis met. He was a chef (going into the culinary field) and she a server. We had a short wait with getting into the room because it didn’t open until 1, but it was neat. I hadn’t ever been in there before, though I had seen the outside because a couple Thanksgivings ago, Dylan couldn’t get off work so we stopped by to see him before going home.

We got in there to sit down and it was more than I expected. We had a glass of tea, glass of water, there was a champagne flute at our spots. We had assigned seating, the kids all had their own table. Which was scary because of all the glass around them 😉 They made it through dinner and cake without any catastrophes happening!

Dinner was nice. We had a salad brought out with a DELICIOUS Honey Pear salad dressing. After that, we got the main-course which was Pork and Chicken, with Roasted Vegetables and Steamed Potatoes with a delicious gravy poured over the meat! It was truly yummy. Desert was the wedding cake, which was gorgeous, and pretty yummy also!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge