Almost every year, starting November 1st, I see people posting on facebook and various platforms online what they’re thankful. I normally do it too, but honestly, I’ll get halfway through it and never actually finish. So this year, I just didn’t even start it, because I figured NO reason to since I never finish. I’m horrible with that! I’ve tried starting project 365’s before and will make it maybe 3 months in, and I’m done.
So I figured instead of doing daily posts, I’d put what I’m most thankful here in a blog post. Because it’s also something to be put on my blog, instead of no recent posts!
So, without further ado, what I’m thankful for, in no particular order!
- My kids. Without my kids, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I’m not sure where I’d be had I not gotten pregnant with Michael close to 11 years ago today! They’re amazing little humans, and I’m so thankful that God chose ME to be their momma! Michael is my Mr. Smarty Pants who is never quiet unless he has his face in his phone and even then, it’s iffy! 🙂 Connor is my little gamer and Rosalie is Mrs. Sassy! Oh that child, she’s 3 going on 13, I’m tellin’ ya. That attitude she has, well, I’m sure she got it from me!
- My husband. He’s my rock, my best friend, and the love of my life. I’m so thankful that a little over 12 years ago, he and his long-time girlfriend broke up and we started talking. We officially became boyfriend and girlfriend on November 27th, 2004 and I’m so thankful I said yes! Sure, we’ve been through our ups and downs, but what couple hasn’t? I love him with all my heart and soul and I can not imagine life without him! Always there to make me laugh when it’s needed. I mean come on… isn’t he quite the looker?
- My parents. I wasn’t an easy child to raise, in fact, I was far from it. But they NEVER turned their backs on me! My mom and I fought all the time, I think now it’s because we are so much alike! But that’s a good thing. My dad… He didn’t have to adopt me after he and my mom got married, but he did, and I am so thankful he did! They are great grandparents to my kids and my brothers kids, and always there should we need something!
- Our Nieces and Nephews. We don’t get to see all of our nieces and nephews a lot, not only because we live 6ish hours from them either. My brothers boys (the 2 dark headed boogers in the picture above) we get to see when we’re down visiting my family, but when it comes to Hubby’s sisters kids, the only one we get to see really, is the one that lives with us. But we love them all! Altogether, we have 11 nieces and nephews, from his siblings (and the ones he calls siblings) and mine. Well, I only have 1 brother who has children, so far… but still! Our oldest niece lives in Denver and is currently expecting her first little boy in March! I have met her once. We have 1 nephew, who we haven’t met. Hubby’s best friend from high school and he were really close and they always called each other brothers, so there’s his little boy. Things happened while he was married & in the military and they don’t speak often (that I know of) anymore. Then his sister has 5 kids, the oldest lives with us. His “brother” who I mentioned above has a younger sister, and she has always referred to us as her brother and sister, and she has one little girl also! Then you got my brother who has 2 little guys. 🙂
- Blogging. Blogging gives me a little extra income and lets me get my creative juices flowing. There have been times that I’ve wanted to be a writer, and write books, but then I realize, Oh my gosh, I don’t have enough creativity to come up with a story, so I just stick to blogging!
- It Works. Wow, I’ve been a distributor with It Works for almost 2 years. Am I making the kind of money with it that I would ideally like? Far from it. However, AM I making money with it period? Absolutely! From my first month in, I was making money, and my pay checks have grown, and only in the last couple of months have they declined, but that’s my fault. Anyways, This company has totally brought me out of my shell, a little anyways! I’m still pretty shy when it comes to people I don’t know, but then again I’m not sure if that’ll ever change!
- Crochet. This is another way that I get my creative juices flowing. Not only do I make a decent income (though sporadically) with crocheting, but it’s fun. I love taking a hook and yarn, and making something out of it. I love seeing things come together! It’s one of my biggest stress relievers!
- Books. Another one of my stress relievers. I have, for as long as I can remember, enjoyed reading. For the longest time, I would only read Romance Novels, from authors such as Danielle Steel and Nicholas Sparks. Then something changed in me. I picked up Harry Potter and BAM, I was hooked! Now I realize there are more genre’s of books out there than romance and I’m so glad I picked up Harry Potter! I mean really, who doesn’t enjoy some Harry Potter Magic every now & then?!
- Coffee. My morning can’t start until I have my cup of Hazelnut Coffee. Whoever invented coffee needs to be hugged really hard!
There are other things, of course, that I’m thankful for, however I’m almost at 1000 words right now and I don’t want to make this to where no one is going to want to read this post!